– Spurs will evolve, as their coach has before (from Buck Harvey, expressnews.com):
– Grizzlies face challenges as camp nears (from Ronald Tillery, commercialappeal.com):
” Despite the recurring theme of the need for long-range shooting, the Griz return with more versatility, the same expectation of winning 50-plus games and a place among the elite in the Western Conference.
There will, however, be challenges to work through during camp if the Griz are going to make good on their promise to contend”
– Pelicans lineup options (from David Fisher, thebirdwrites.com):
– Lakers take different approach into season with eye on development (from Bill Oram, ocregister.com):
” Asked what would make for a successful year, Kupchak mentioned neither a championship nor the playoffs.
“I’d like to stay healthy,” he said. “I’d like for Kobe to have a great year. I’d like our young players to prosper and show promise so we can develop a core going forward, something to more than build on.”
“We want to exceed whatever the expectations may be,” Kupchak said. “And we want our core to develop so that the blueprint can follow the next step, which is to add more talent next year.”
The organization’s dueling objectives, however, are impossible to ignore.
Bryant is in the twilight of his career, and they want to send him out on a high note. But as long as he is in the locker room, the Lakers cannot fully commit to building around young stars, as other rebuilding teams – think Utah, Minnesota and Phoenix – have done.
Further, Bryant can be a terribly inefficient player, and Kupchak said it’s likely that when he is on the court, he will still be the first option on offense.
To what extent does Bryant’s presence, in a season that should be all about development, delay the progression of future stars?
– Who will replace Marco Belinelli in the Spurs’ rotation? (from Jesus Gomez, poundingtherock.com):
– 10 QUESTIONS FOR THE BULLS HEADING INTO 2015-16 (from Sam Smith, Bulls.com):
– 10 big questions for the Thunder (from Royce Young, ESPN):
– NBA Player Stats: Top 5 Players – Catch and Shoot (from Tamberlyn Richardson, spacecityscoop):
(Note: This is Part 7 of a 9-part series)
Player Notes, Updates, Profiles:
– BBall Breakdown Player Rankings: Russell Westbrook # 7 (from James Holas): http://bballbreakdown.com/2015/09/24/russell-westbrook-no-7/
– Amir Johnson receives praise from Stevens early in training camp (from A. Sherrod Blaekely, csbnne.com): http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/johnson-receives-praise-stevens-early-training-camp
– Avery Bradley ready to change speeds to get to the line (from A. Sherrod Blakely, cnsne.com): http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/bradley-ready-change-speeds-get-line
– Comparing Ed Davis and Tristan Thompson (from erastus25, blazersedge.com): http://www.blazersedge.com/2015/9/27/9403951/portland-trail-blazers-ed-davis-tristan-thompson-comparison
– Aaron Gordon hopes he hasn’t lost the momentum he gained in summer league (from Josh Robbins, Orlando Sentinel): http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-orlando-magic-aaron-gordon-0928-20150927-story.html
– More Free Throws Key to Vucevic’s Development (from John Denton, magic.com): http://www.nba.com/magic/news/more-free-throws-key-vucevics-development
– Damian Lillard sends a message,signaling a new age of Blazers leadership (fromJasonQuick,oregonlive.com): http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2015/09/damian_lillard_sends_a_message_a_dawning_of_a_new.html
– Nikoloz Tskitishvili feels ready (from Rowan Kavner, clippers.com): http://www.nba.com/clippers/former-top-5-pick-feels-ready-after-worldwide-ride
– Clippers Player Profile: Branden Dawson (from Justin Russo, clipsnation.com): http://www.clipsnation.com/2015/9/28/9396383/2015-2016-clippers-player-profile-branden-dawson
– Klay Thompson already working with, learning finer points from Steve Nash (from Diamond Leung, mercurynews.com): http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_28877533/warriors-klay-thompson-already-working-learning-finer-points
– Hornets offer Jeremy Lamb chance for fresh start (from Rick Bonnell, charlotteobserver.com): http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article36809142.html
– Breaking Down Jusuf Nurkic Ahead of 2015-16 Season (from Garrett Kroeger, nugglove.com): http://nugglove.com/2015/09/27/jusuf-nurkic-nuggets-projected-starting-center-2015-16/
– C.J. Miles is a 10-Year Vet, But Still Eager to Improve (from Mark Monteith, pacers.com): http://www.nba.com/pacers/miles-go-he-sleeps
– Clifford says Nicolas Batum will be ‘2nd or 1st option’ in Hornets offense (from Matt Moore, CBS Sports): http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25318578
– Stauskas: Analyzing His Team Canada Play (from C. Smith, Philadunkia.com): http://philadunkia.com/?p=14143&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=stauskas-analyzing-his-team-canada-play
– Andrew Harrison To Sign In D-League (from Chuck Myron, hoopsrumors.com): http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/09/andrew-harrison-to-ink-with-grizzlies-d-league-team.html